CalReader: Calendar Readability, Event Log Export, Time Calculations
for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
Overview | Details | iPad view | Support | FAQ | Updates
Updates (newest to oldest)
What's New in CalReader 3.3.1
New features and improvements:
- New options in Settings:
- Date Format (Short, Medium, Long)
- Participants Format (All details, Names only)
- Play Sound When Calendar Changed
- Updated info and links for Apps from Imaja
- Automatically ask for app receipt refresh if not found or matching.
What's New in CalReader 3.3
New options, various display and action improvements, bug fixes:
- Improved formatting of event information: short/medium/long date format options, participant list display options, alarm indicators.
- Added new formatting options to Display settings view. To open Display settings, tap the gear icon button.
- Line breaks are removed from calendar event titles, locations and notes for a more compact display in the list view.
- Improved date picker display for Go To Date in Actions.
- Updated E-mail Text With Calculations, E-mail CSV, and E-mail TSV in Actions to fix bugs. Much smoother e-mail interface now!
- Improved speech speed for Speak Events command in Actions.
- Built for iOS 9 and iOS 8.
What's New in CalReader 3.2.2
- Fixed view glitches. Much better view updates!
What’s New in CalReader 3.2.1
- Fixed bug in date picker display in Filter popover on iPads with iOS 8.
What’s New in CalReader 3.2
- Add support for iOS 8 extended keyboards, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus screen sizes.
- Add option for First Day of Week in Display Settings, which can be set to Sunday or Monday.
- Optimized popover displays.
What’s New in CalReader 3.1.3
- Built for iOS 8, and also compatible with iOS 7.
- Fixes view sizing glitches for device orientation changes on iOS 8.
What’s New in CalReader 3.1.2
This version fixes a bug for users with iOS 6.x only. Users running iOS 7 or later should skip this update in which the Speak Events action is temporarily removed.
What’s New in CalReader 3.1.1
New features and a bug fix. Thanks for your support. Please spread the word about CalReader! Visit www.imaja.com
- Added buttons for Previous, This and Next for Day and Year in the Filter view for quick selection of date range for the event listing, calculations and export.
- Added Speak Events action in Actions view. Use Speak Events to hear the current filtered event listing spoken by your device.
- Fixed Filter view crash bug.
What’s New in CalReader 3.1
New features and improved functions:
- Improved interface: Added new buttons in toolbar for Filter, Actions, Calculations, Display, Extras and Go To Today. The new buttons provide more direct access to the main functions in CalReader.
- Improved Go To Date function.
- Set background of listing to black for Color Background and Color Text on Black color styles.
- Corrected calculations display for filtered event lists containing no events.
- Corrected minor graphics glitch in row separators in event listing.
- Fixed bug in Filter view when keyboard goes away after editing Search text on 3.5 inch iPhone or iPod touch.
- Improved Paste Text Into New Event command in Actions. New events are created using the current time.
- On iOS 6 on iPad, added missing Edit button in event viewer popover and optimized popover height based on length of event title and notes.
- Enjoy! Let us know what you think. Send technical support questions and suggestions via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thanks for your support and please help us out by posting a review on the App Store.
What’s New in CalReader 3.0
Improved iPad interface, new features for ease of use, more fonts, updated for iOS 7 and later.
- Week and Month select: Previous, This, Next buttons provide fast one-tap date range selections. Use Previous and Next buttons repeatedly to move the date range window through time.
- Modernized the behavior of the DatePicker in the Filter view so it appears inline in iOS 7 or later.
- Settings, Add Event and Edit views appear in popovers on iPad.
- Expanded set of fonts available for event display to include new fonts in iOS 6 and iOS 7.
- New soft Update Notification Sound to indicate that the calendar has been updated either locally or remotely.
- New feature: Color indicator band on right edge of the List view: If the event is in progress (the current time is between the start and end times), then the indicator color is orange. If the event is in the past, the indicator is blue. A blue shaded color indicator band is displayed on the right edge of events if they are with the last 24 hours, or orange shaded if the events are within the next 24 hours. The intensity of the color is greater if the event is closer to the current time, and lighter if the event is farther from the current time.
- New quick links to Imaja's related apps: Perspectiva - Calendar Graphics, Mapping, Time Charts app for iOS, and TaskInsight - task management with timeline and table views for OS X.
- Optimized view updates during pinch gestures to resize the text in the event listing view.
What’s New in CalReader 2.1.1
- Corrected weekday names in instances of multiple-day all-day events in listing view.
What’s New in CalReader 2.1
- Color Style sample images have been added to Display > Color Style to make selection easier.
- In the Select Calendars view (Settings > Calendars), the calendars are now sorted with iCal (Calendar) calendars first, then CalDAV calendars.
- Multi-day All-day events are now displayed as multiple items in the list view, one for each day, with a duration of 24 hours.
- Multi-day All-day events are now exported as multiple items in Text, CSV and TSV formats, one for each day, with a duration of 24 hours.
- The Filter settings are applied to show only the days of Multi-day All-day events that fall within the Filter start and end dates.
- All-day events are added in the Calculations time total as 24-hour events.
- The current Search Text is now displayed in the Calculations view.
- The date format is changed to "Thu, Aug 15, 2013" for the Filter start and end dates, and for Actions > Go To Today and Go To Date.
- Improved behavior and layout for rotations and keyboard and date picker views on iPad.
- Improved layout of Help text.
What’s New in CalReader 2.0.2
- Rate Per Hour is now correctly automatically saved and restored between sessions.
- Settings: Display: Lines was changed to Max. Lines with All,1,2,3,4. This is the maximum number of lines to display for each event in the CalReader listing view. This helps one see more events on the screen by truncating text on events that have a lot of text.
- Added bold variation of fonts to available display font list to aid readability.
- Abbreviate time and hours in list view to shorter version when possible.
What’s New in CalReader 2.0
Usability Enhancements: CalReader's functions have been reorganized for more efficient access. The Filter settings, Actions, Display, Calculations and Extras sections are neatly accessible without scrolling and searching for functions.
- Calculations now include average, minimum and maximum duration of events in the filtered listing.
- E-mail CSV (Comma-Separated Values) or TSV (Tab-Separated Values) event listing files as attachments.
- Tap the new Done button for direct return to the main CalReader view after performing functions or settings changes.
- Event listings now include the duration for each event.
- The export text generated by the Copy Text With Calculations command now includes a header with the current calendar names, date range and optional search text.
- Events close to the current time are highlighted in the listing view with a gradient of orange displayed along the right edge, most intense for events close to the current time, fading off for events within 24 hours before and after the current time.
What’s New in CalReader 1.1
- Go to Today - Go to the text listing view at today's date.
- Go to Date - Choose a date to go to in the text listing view.
- Paste Text Into New Event > - To create a new calendar event with text
you have copied from another app, tap Paste Text Into New Event.
- E-mail Text With Calculations > - Sends an e-mail to your choice of
recipients with the current event listing text with calculations.
- Actions are now featured at the top of Settings, including Go To Today,
Go To Date, Copy Text, Copy Text With Calculations and Paste Text Into New
- Copy with Calculations - The format of the event listing for Copy with
Calculations has been enhanced with start time, end time, and event duration.
- Optimized date picker configuration for faster choosing of Filter >
Starts and Ends and Go To dates.
- Filter > Starts and Ends and Go To dates include day of week for more
- Settings > Filter > Starts and Ends dates are inclusive of the whole
start and end days.
- CalReader can display events from a wide range of dates, multiple years.
Set the listing range in Settings > Filters > Starts and Ends dates.
- Display bugs fixed. Start and end time were not properly updating, now
CalReader is a trademark of Imaja.
Copyright © 2010-2017 Imaja. All Rights Reserved.
iCal, iOS, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Computer.